Homemade recipes are still going strong when it comes to trends in beauty care. It gives us the option to tweak these blends according to our preferences. From the consistency, color, amount, texture, and even the scent. Experimenting with these oils is a lot of fun. And who knows? You might discover a blend that truly works for your skin and hair care concerns.
As a fan of DIY castor oil recipes, we’ve got a long list of blends that work well to finally soothe a dulling and aging skin. There are even formulas for your hair care concerns. Why settle for ineffective oils that are out of your budget when you can make your own blend of essential oil? Here are 7 of our favorite oils to mix with castor oil.
Coconut oil has many therapeutic effects itself. Its wide range of uses for health, household and even beauty care makes it a great choice to mix with castor oil.
- A carrier oil, coconut oil has a light weight that complements the thicker consistency of castor oil. It is one of the best choices to dilute castor oil to ease its potency without erasing its benefits for skin or hair.
- Once castor oil is diluted in coconut oil, you can use this blend for your skin and hair. It buffs up the effects of castor oil since it also has antibacterial properties that protect the skin from damages caused by germs, fungi, and bacteria.
Vitamin E Oil
What makes castor oil recipe for skin care or hair care so good is because of the numerous blends that you can make. Getting the best results is one thing but enjoying the process is another. A lot of essential oils are available for you to try out. Vitamin E oil is popular nowadays because of its unique effects.
- It is a concentrated oil that contains high amounts of antioxidant. As you’re familiar with, antioxidants are one of the agents responsible for keeping you looking young and beautiful.
- It is a versatile oil that works well for various uses from beauty to health care. This is an anti-aging blend where applying this mixture of castor oil for face, skin, and hair nourishment yield great results.
- You can even coat your brows and lashes in this mixture since it promotes the stronger and thicker growth of the strands. Imagine not needing mascaras and brow liners ever.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Various types of essential oils came from different organic sources. There are flower, fruit, seeds, leaves, roots, and even myrrh essential oils. Among this extensive selection, tea tree oil is a famous oil in Ayurvedic medicine. Years of practicing natural healing just proved how well this oil works for the body.
- Its antiseptic and antibacterial properties are perfect for protecting the skin from conditions and damages such as acne.
- It also works well in killing fungus and bacteria that cause odors and other unpleasant smells.
- This is an effective oil that you can mix with castor oil for healthy hair growth. It soothes drying of the scalp which often leads to flaking and dandruff and is even great in stopping lice.
Argan oil is also another choice that is perfect for your scalp and tresses. Creating a castor oil recipe for hair care by marrying the nurturing powers of castor and argan oil creates a nourishing mixture that revives dead and damaged strands.
- Argan oil mixed with castor oil is not only effective in moisturizing skin and hair. It also prevents stretch marks and addresses risks of hair fall early. Make your own DIY blend of argan and castor oil for hair loss.
- Acne and stretch marks? Soothe and prevent these most common skin conditions that just bring your confidence down. Use this blend regularly and see noticeable results.
- A leave-in conditioner that reinvigorates tresses for shinier and softer locks, this mixture also makes it easier to fashion it into any shape and style that you want.
Lavender Essential Oil
Giving your DIY oils blend a hint of a soothing fragrance is a great idea. And further boost the experience with great nourishing effects and lavender essential oil might just be one of the best choices to mix with castor oil.
- Lavender oil helps the scalp recover from damages by finally putting a stop to flaking and dandruff. Blend it with castor oil and you’ll also prevent any risk of early hair fall.
- If you’re suffering from acne, this powerful blend has boosted anti-inflammatory properties. This is what you’re looking for to reduce the size and redness of acne and pimples.
- Both castor oil and lavender oil speeds up the healing of the skin. Minor cuts, wounds, and even skin conditions benefit from the healing abilities of these two oils.