How Effective Is Castor Oil for Growing Eyelashes?
Castor oil is rich in essential nutrients for growing long and strong lashes. It contains ricinoleic acid, which makes up about 85 to 95 percent of the castor oil’s composition. This component fuels the hair follicles to produce long, thick, and healthy tresses. Ricinoleic acid also has anti-inflammatory properties that inhibit thinning or falling or eyelashes.
This oil packs a high amount of omega-9 fatty acids good for maintaining a smooth hair. It helps hydrate and seal in moisture to keep hair from becoming dry and brittle.Castor oil is good for any types of hair because it carries Vitamin E and protein. Vitamin E helps repair damaged hair while protein strengthens it. Protein makes up hair strands such as eyelashes. Adding more protein from castor oil refuels eyelashes to make it more resilient to breakage.
Ricinoleic acid also has anti-inflammatory properties that inhibit thinning or falling hair strands. Fortifying the follicles and strands of eyelashes prevent thinning. Castor stimulates the skin to grow thick and healthy lashes. This gives you longer lashes and bolder brows in no time.
Because of its ability to grow and strengthen hair, castor oil for eyelashes growth became a popular trend. It is nice to get your own bottle of castor oil for eyelashes and start your lash-lengthening story.
Looking for an effective castor oil product? Find out who made it on our list of best castor oil brands! Learn about the company, their business principles, and their complete product line.
How to Use Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Using castor oil for eyelashes is very simple. Once you got the right castor oil product, tools, and full-on commitment, you’ll get those beautiful lashes in no time! Check out these important tips on how to make castor oil work effectively for growing your eyelashes.
Supplies You Need
With the right tools and materials readily available for use, nailing those bolder eyelashes you’ve always dreamed of becomes a lot easier. For a more efficient use of castor oil for eyelashes, here are a few helpful items you need to prepare:
- Eye makeup remover –Make sure it is gentle and not harmful to the eyes.
- Applicator – Choose from either a micro-applicator brush or a mascara wand. If you need to improvise, you can apply castor oil on eyelashes using a cotton swab.
- Empty mascara tube – This is optional. But simply having a separate container of castor oil for eyelashes has great advantages. You’ll avoid dirt from getting into the bigger bottle while you can bring the smaller tube on travels since it’s very handy.
6 Easy Steps to Use Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Excited to get OMG lashes? Follow these simple steps to grow breathtaking eyelashes effectively using castor oil for eyelashes.
- Clean your face. Remove any traces of makeup, especially from the eyes.
- Take some oil. Use an applicator brush or mascara wand and dip it into the castor oil. Remove excess oil by running the edge of the applicator on the rim of the bottle.
- Apply it to your lashes. Run the brush from base to tips, applying evenly.
- Apply castor oil to eyelids as well. Start from the inner part of the eyelid and going outwards. Do this for the upper and inner eyelids. Make sure to prevent contact with eyes.
- Leave on. Allow it to absorb as it works on your lashes overnight.
- Repeat regularly. Do the process every night until desired results are visible.
How Soon Do You See Results?
Seeing visible results may take several weeks of regular use. You cannot get those long lashes that you want overnight, especially if you opt to get it the natural way. It is important to give the oil enough time to work on your lashes.
The best time to apply castor oil for eyelashes is at night before bedtime. This allows plenty of time for the oil to absorb into the strands for maximum benefits.
Safety Tips When Using Castor Oil for Eyelashes
When using castor oil for eyelashes growth, make sure to use it properly. Castor oil is suitable for use for all skin and hair types. However, there are a few safety tips to keep in mind.
- Do a patch test before using the castor oil. Make sure that the product you’re using is safe to apply to eyelashes and eyelids.
- Avoid contact with eyes. If your eyes feel itchy while using the product, discontinue use and seek medical advice immediately. Seepage happens when there is too much oil on the applicator. Always remove excess oil from the wand or applicator.
- Make sure to seal the bottle of castor oil tightly and store it in a cool and dry place. Keep product away from direct sunlight as this can alter the state of the oil.
- Keep the product away from children. Castor oil is known to have mild laxative effects on the body. Contact your doctor in case of accidental swallowing.
- If using a mascara wand to apply the oil to eyelashes, make sure to use a clean brush after every use. Wipe brush with a clean paper towel or tissue and store it in a clean place to avoid dust and dirt buildup. A dirty mascara wand may irritate the eyes.
Natural Eyelash Growth Serum Recipe
You can use pure castor oil on its own or create your own eyelash serum. Try this recipe infused with natural ingredients that work together for better results.
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 1 teaspoon argan oil
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 capsule vitamin E
- Combine all ingredients in an empty mascara tube.
- Use a pair of scissors to nick a small hole at the end of the vitamin E capsule. Squeeze content into the mascara tube.
- Close the lid and shake the container well to mix up everything.
- Your natural eyelash growth serum is ready to use!
Use this special eyelash serum on eyebrows too! Match longer eyelashes with thicker eyebrows that are so trendy today. You can bring your very own eyelash growth serum anywhere you want, even on travels. It’s better to keep another bottle on your bedside table for quick application before some beauty sleep!
Other essential oils that promote healthy hair growth are olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and argan oil. Learn more about these hair growth-enhancing oils and more! There are various types of oils you can actually mix and match for a customized oil blend.
Which Castor Oil Product to Pick?
Here’s a final and most important tip you need to know before buying a bottle of castor oil for eyelashes growth. Make sure to choose only 100% Cold-Pressed Castor Oil because it contains the highest amount of nutrients and it is free from chemicals and solvents. Check the label for this information. This type of castor oil is pure, natural, and safe.
Numerous products and procedures to enhance the look of eyelashes make noise in the beauty industry. There is the use of mascara, false eyelashes, to lash extensions and even surgeries. Some of them are temporary while others are just crazy expensive.
How lucky for you! You have just learned about the best way for getting longer eyelashes – the natural way. Using castor oil for eyelashes will give you thicker eyelashes that will not break easily. With these simple guidelines in mind, you are on your way to those glamorous lashes you have been dreaming about.
Want to know the best way to buy castor oil? One way of making sure that the product you’re using is effective is knowing where to get it. Find out what you need to look for and what the qualities of a good castor oil product are.