DIY Castor Oil Hair Care Recipes
With readily available supplies, you can create your every own castor oil recipe for hair care right at the comfort of your own kitchen. Do it whenever your hair needs the nourishing benefits of castor oil. If your hair has turned dry, weak, and lifeless, castor oil is the quick fix that helps restore beautiful hair naturally. Here are awesome examples of easy-to-do castor oil recipe for hair care you must try!
Sweetened Castor Oil Hair Mask
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
- 1 piece fresh egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat it well.
- Add honey and castor oil and mix evenly.
- Apply the mask to the hair. Make sure the hair is clean before using it.
- Leave it for 1 hour.
- Wash hair with regular shampoo and rinse well.
Why it’s good for you: Honey and egg make this hair mask a delectable treat for your hair. The honey moisturizes hair while the egg contains protein that makes hair stronger. This castor oil recipe for hair care is good for hair growth. It is a powerful mask rich in nourishment. Apply this enticing mask once a week to keep your hair smooth and strong.
Nourishing Hair Growth Treatment
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon basil powder
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or a glass jar.
- Mix well until thick.
- Apply the cream on your hair and scalp. Make sure to cover the entire scalp and hair strands for maximum benefits.
- Put on a shower cap and leave on for 2 to 3 hours.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
Why it’s good for you: All the ingredients in this castor oil recipe for hair care prevent hair fall. Putting them together creates this creamy castor oil good for hair loss. Fenugreek prevents premature graying of hair too. Do this hair loss treatment 1 to 2 times a week. Your hair becomes healthier day by day.
Refreshing Castor Oil Anti-Dandruff Solution
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon eucalyptus oil
- Combine the ingredients in a jar and blend well.
- Place the jar in a bowl of warm water for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Apply the warm mixture on the scalp and massage gently.
- Leave it overnight for maximum benefits. Cover your head with a shower cap to avoid oil stains on the pillows.
- Wash hair in the morning with water and mild shampoo.
Why it’s good for you: The antibacterial and moisturizing properties of coconut oil reinforce those already present in castor oil. Coconut oil is often used as natural conditioner and hot oil treatment to relieve dry scalp, which often causes dandruff. The eucalyptus oil stimulates hair follicles and promotes hair development. It has a cooling effect, which helps relieve itchy scalp. Infusing coconut oil and eucalyptus oil make castor oil good for hair and dandruff treatment.
Eyelash Growth Booster Blend
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- 1/2 tablespoon almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon argan oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E
- Wash an empty mascara container.
- Combine all the ingredients in the container.
- Tighten the cover and shake well to create the blend.
- Apply to your lashes every night before bed using a mascara brush. You can use it for the eyebrows too.
- Make sure to reach the roots of the eyelashes.
Why it’s good for you: This unique castor oil recipe for hair care works well with eyelashes. Almond oil is a rich source of magnesium, which helps prevent the lashes from falling off. Castor and argan oil work together by stimulating hair growth. Vitamin E supports hair growth too as it helps repair and builds tissue.
Ready to make your best castor oil blend for hair? For every castor oil recipe for hair care that you want to try, make sure that you are using a good-quality castor oil product. Buy from trusted sources and brands such as the ones who made it on our top list!
Why Use Castor Oil for Hair Care Recipes
What makes a castor oil recipe for hair care work? The secret is in the main ingredient used – the castor oil of course! It helps maintain hair that is healthy and beautiful due to important properties summarized as follows:
- Blends well with other essential oils – You can blend castor oil with any other beneficial oils for any castor oil recipe for hair care. Some common examples are coconut oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil. You can even add a few drops of castor oil on hair care products like conditioners.
- Effective carrier oil – Castor oil’s naturally thick texture plays a huge part on its ability to carry essential oils effectively. It helps hair absorb the hair-enhancing properties of essential oils for maximum benefits.
- Naturally rich in essential nutrients – Castor oil carries a high amount of ricinoleic acid, which promotes hair growth. It also contains vitamin E, protein, and moisture that repairs hair damage and restores healthy hair.
- Suits all hair types – Whether your hair is curly, straight, wavy, or kinky, castor oil id for you. It works on any hair type, making it shiny and more manageable.
Benefits of Blending Essential Oils for Hair
Different essential oils may have similar or different properties. Some are thick in nature and may benefit from mixing with lighter oils. The best example is cold pressed castor oil, which usually comes in a very viscous consistency. It is often mixed with lighter oils such as coconut and jojoba oil.
If you want your castor oil recipe for hair care to smell a bit sweeter, the best option is to add fragrant essential oils. Among the widely used ones are rose absolute, lavender, and ylang-ylang essential oils. Other oils have therapeutic and cooling sensations like menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus oil. This helps improve the oil mixture for a more relaxing experience.
Blending essential oils enhances their properties. It reinforces your oil with the other oil’s similar property. Otherwise, it could give additional benefits for a perfect solution.
Looking for essential oils you can castor oil with? Check out different types of essential oils you can use for any castor oil recipe for hair care that you like. Essential oils have various uses and benefits for hair, skin, and body. Fragrant essential oils are also great add-ons for creating aromatic hair treatments!
Tips for Homemade Castor Oil Recipe for Hair Care
Do you have a fabulous castor oil recipe for hair care in mind now? Surely, these exciting recipes have ignited your chemical creativity for blending oils. Take note of a few things:
- Always use clean containers to avoid contamination and damaging the natural properties of the oils.
- Know your ingredients well. Be sure that you are not allergic to it.
- You are encouraged to perform a patch test before any widespread application of any new product.
There is no exact formula for concocting the best blend of castor oil good for hair. The limit is your imagination, resourcefulness, and creativity. Remember to have fun and stay safe. Let the blending begin!
Can’t get enough of natural homemade castor oil recipes? To match your castor oil recipe for hair care, check out exciting castor oil recipes that work for the skin. Castor oil moisturizes dry skin, helps clear blemishes and keeps skin healthy!