Keeping Hair Healthy with Castor Oil
A noticeable shine is the best and most obvious indicator of healthy hair. When hair is shiny, you know that it is soft and smooth without even touching it. This is a clear indication that you have a balanced scalp and natural oils are present in your hair. Otherwise, it would look dry and lifeless. Keeping hair shiny gives it vibrancy as it follows your every move.
What Makes Hair Shine
A healthy hair’s shiny appearance varies with every hair type. It depends on three main factors that affect the natural shine of hair:
- Color of your hair – The darker your hair, the shinier it appears.
- Shape and thickness of hair strands – The more elliptical your hair, the shinier it appears.
- Twists or kinks – The more twists of kinks in your hair, the less shiny it looks.
How Castor Oil Make Your Hair Healthy
If your hair doesn’t naturally look shiny because of its color, structure, or texture, do not be upset because there is still hope. There are methods you can do to give your tresses the lustrous shine it deserves. You can try using a deep nourishing hair treatment, conditioner, or apply a hair serum for a polished look. However, although there’s a great number of hair care products available in the market, some of them cause further damage than cure over time. Therefore, go for a natural option with lasting effects like castor oil.
Using castor oil for healthy hair works for many reasons. First, it is organic and chemical-free. Pure cold pressed castor oil is safe and is the best castor oil for healthy hair. It is made only from natural ingredients, without chemicals or solvents in it.
Castor oil contains essential nutrients that your hair needs. It is naturally rich in moisture that helps keep hair hydrated. It provides hair with a thin layer that protects it from damage and prevents dryness. With every use, the oil’s protein and vitamin E content repairs damaged hair. They strengthen each strand for a smoother and bouncier texture. Make it a hair care habit to use castor oil for healthy hair that shines as it grows.
Do you want to get healthy skin that glows as well? While you can apply castor oil for healthy hair, this nutrient-rich oil has amazing benefits for keeping skin healthy too. It moisturizes and nourishes skin to keep it flawlessly beautiful. Find out the different ways to use castor oil for skin and its benefits.
Benefits of Using Castor Oil for Healthy Hair
Castor oil has natural properties that promote healthy hair. Aside from the lustrous shine, using castor oil for healthy hair has added benefits.
Grows naturally long and strong hair
The ricinoleic acid present in castor oil stimulates blood circulation at the hair bulb to promote hair growth. This helps hair grow faster while the protein content of the oil reinforces hair strands to keep resilient against breakage.
Gets rid of dandruff, itchy scalp, and flakes
Due to high amounts of fatty acids, castor oil carries high amounts of moisture that relieves dry flaky scalp. Its anti-inflammatory properties soothe scalp infections and dandruff. Using castor oil for healthy hair comes with a healthy scalp that’s naturally balanced and clear.
Conditions and moisturizes hair
From the scalp, the ultra-moisturizing property of castor oil extends to the hair itself. It relieves dry frizzy hair and tame unruly split ends. It coats the hair to lock moisture so the hair stays soft, smooth, and silky.
Strengthens hair and protects it from damage
Castor oil has therapeutic properties that strengthen hair and scalp. This oil improves the resilience of hair against damage. It provides moisture that helps repair damage such as split ends and brittle strands. Conditioned hair is more resilient against damaging elements such as sun damage, heat exposure, and pollution. Castor oil nourishes hair to prevent breakage of strands.
Prevents hair loss
Hair loss is a common issue among men and women. Castor oil is a great solution to hair loss due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It nourishes scalp and soothes any condition that can cause hair loss. It stimulates the scalp for healthy hair growth as well.
How to Use Castor Oil for Healthy Hair
Keeping hair glossy makes it more attractive and beautiful. With the help of castor oil, getting lustrous hair is no longer an elusive dream but a reality you can easily do yourself! Gather up these things and begin your healthy hair transformation with castor oil.
Supplies You Need
- Castor oil
- Jojoba or argan oil
- Coconut oil
- Large bowl (big enough to contain the jar)
- Spare towel or old T-shirt
- Spray bottle
- Shower cap
- Clean towel
- Dilute castor oil. Pure castor oil has a very thick consistency, so it is best to mix it with lighter oils. Here’s a suggested recipe: 3 tablespoons castor oil, 1 tablespoon jojoba or argan oil, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Combine it in a jar.
- Warm the mixture. Put the jar over some hot water in a large bowl and leave for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Cover your shoulders with a towel. This helps protect clothes from any oil spill. Another option is to wear old clothes instead.
- Dampen hair using a spray Damp only, not wet.
- Apply the oil to scalp and hair. Use your fingers. Run your palms through your hair from roots to tips to spread the oil. You can use a comb to help distribute the oil evenly.
- Leave overnight. Cover your head with a shower cap to avoid stains on furniture. Allow the oil to absorb into your hair and scalp thoroughly for best results.
- Rinse hair in the morning. To help remove the oil effectively, use warm water and massage a regular conditioner. Shampoo as usual to remove excess oil and dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat the process. Do this hair natural hair treatment once or twice a week.
Healthy Hair Days with Castor Oil
If you have dull hair today, there is no more excuse for you to wake up with that mess again tomorrow. Wherever you go or whatever you do, it is important to keep your hair in check. With castor oil for healthy hair, there’s no more grungy looks that could be mistaken for an early morning “I woke up like this” selfie.
Never let the world catch you looking unkempt and incredibly messy. Whatever the hair situation is, you always got castor oil to back you up. Keep in mind that the best castor oil for healthy hair is 100% cold pressed castor oil. This product is pure, natural, and safe for all hair types.
Make sure your castor oil for healthy hair works! Find out the best brands of castor oil you can choose from. See what makes them truly an excellent pick for your daily hair care needs.