What Makes Hair Shine
A visible sign of healthy hair is a soft shiny texture. Three main factors affect the natural shine of hair:
- Color of your hair – The darker your hair, the shinier it appears.
- Shape and thickness of hair strands – The more elliptical your hair, the shinier it appears.
- Twists or kinks – The more twists of kinks in your hair, the less shiny it looks.
Simple yet Incredible Ways to Get Soft Shiny Hair
If your hair doesn’t naturally look shiny because of its color, structure or texture, do not be upset because there is still hope. There are methods you can do to give your tresses the lustrous shine it deserves. Here are the easiest to do and most accessible to everyone.
Deep Nourishing Hair Treatment – There are various treatments available in the market today including hot oil, hair mask, or hair spa. These intensive treatments repair or prevent damaged hair. You can buy these products on beauty stores for a DIY home treatment. If you fancy a more luxurious VIP feel, you may spend some extra dollars for a salon treatment.
Serum and Leave on – Using a hair serum or a leave on is an immediate remedy to transform dull hair into a stunning shine. It’s quick, and easy! They provide moisture to make hair more manageable and less frizzy in an instant.
Conditioner – Conditioners are usually paired with shampoos. As shampoos cleanse the hair, it may wash off its natural oils, causing the hair to turn dry and lifeless. Using a conditioner after shampoo helps restore moisture for a more polished finish.
Essential Oils – With the great number of hair care products on the market, some of them cause further damage than cure over time. Therefore, it is always best to go for natural ways such as using essential oils like castor oil.
The best castor oil for hair is 100% Cold-Pressed Castor Oil. It is made only from natural ingredients, without chemicals and solvents. Therefore, it comes in its purest state and with greatest amount of nutrients.
Benefits of Castor Oil for Keeping Hair Healthy
Castor oil has natural properties that promote healthy hair. Aside from the lustrous shine, using castor oil for healthy hair has added benefits.
Grows naturally long and strong hair – The ricinoleic acid present in castor oil stimulates blood circulation at the hair bulb to promote hair growth. This helps hair grow faster while the protein content of the oil reinforces hair strands to keep resilient against breakage.
Gets rid of dandruff, itchy scalp and flakes – Castor oil helps clear scalp to match beautiful hair. Due to high amounts of fatty acids, this oil carries excellent moisturizing ability. It relieves dry flaky scalp.
Conditions and moisturizes hair – From the scalp, the ultra-moisturizing property of castor oil extends to the hair itself. It relieves dry frizzy hair and tame unruly split ends. It coats the hair to lock moisture so the hair stays soft, smooth, and silky.
8 Steps: How to Use Castor Oil for Healthy Hair
- Dilute castor oil. Pure castor oil has a very thick consistency, so it is best to mix it with lighter oils. Here’s a suggested recipe: 3 tablespoons castor oil, 1 tablespoon jojoba or argan oil, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Combine it in a jar.
- Warm the mixture. Put the jar over some hot water on a large bowl and leave for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Cover your shoulders with a towel. This helps protect clothes from any oil spill.
- Dampen hair using spray bottle. Damp only, not wet.
- Apply the oil to scalp and hair. Use your fingers. Run your palms through your hair from roots to tips to distribute oil evenly.
- Leave overnight. Cover your head with a shower cap to avoid stains on furniture. Allow the oil to absorb in your hair and scalp thoroughly for best results.
- Rinse hair in the morning. To help remove the oil effectively, use warm water and massage a regular conditioner. Shampoo as usual to remove excess oil and towel dry.
- Repeat the process. Do this hair natural hair treatment once or twice a week.
Go for Healthy Hair Days
If you have dull hair today, there is no more excuse for you to wake up with that mess again tomorrow. Wherever you go or whatever you do, it is important to keep your hair in check. No more grungy looks that could be mistaken for an early morning “I woke up like this” selfie. Never let the world catch you looking unkempt and incredibly messy, okay?
Whatever the hair situation is, you will always have castor oil for healthy hair to back you up. Keep in mind that the best castor oil for hair is 100% cold pressed castor. This product is pure, natural, and safe for all hair types.