Cleansing the Face (The Traditional Method)
Regardless of age, gender, and ethnicity, face cleansing is a skin care basic. It’s almost like the preschool for having beautiful skin. It is the foundation for keeping skin healthy throughout the years.
The traditional method of cleansing the face involves using water and a facial cleanser. This is the simplest method practiced by many. When done properly, it washes off dust, grime, and pollution. This prevents build-up and bacterial infection that may lead to certain skin problems like acne, pimples or blackheads.
The Oil Cleansing Method
The idea of slathering oil on your face may sound ridiculous at first, especially if you have oily skin. Your concerns might be: (1) your face is definitely not a pan for frying eggs for breakfast, and (2) you are scared your face turns into a greasy slice of pizza!
However, did you know that using natural oils to cleanse the face actually makes a lot of sense?
On a scientific standpoint, oil dissolves oil – not water. The oil cleansing method is a clear example that demonstrates the general principle of solubility, stating that “like dissolves like”. It is an effective and natural beauty regimen anyone like you can do.
Oil Blending Formulas
Creating your personal oil blend should start by knowing your skin type. It may take some time and few trials to find the perfect ratio for you. Here are some suggestions to get you started. Each formula features skin-enhancing castor oil for face care.
- 30% Castor oil
- 70% Sunflower, olive or other oil
Normal / Combination Skin
- 25% Castor oil
- 75% Sunflower, olive or other oil
- 10% Castor oil
- 30% Sunflower oil
- 60% Avocado oil
- 10% Castor Oil
- 10% Sunflower oil
- 40% Rose absolute oil
- 40% Rosehip seed oil
NOTE: One formula may not work well for everyone. Due to the difference in skin types and lifestyles, our skin may have different skin care needs. Therefore, varying proportions may be required. To come up with the best blend for you, start with the suggested mixes of castor oil for oil cleansing above. Then you can play around the ratios by mixing up in small batches. Tweak the formula as needed until you figure out the right blend for you.
How to Cleanse Face with Oil
What you need:
- Your oil blend
- Clean washcloth
- Hot water
- Pour a small amount of the oil blend into your palm. Rub your hands together and smooth it over your face.
- Massage for 1 to 2 minutes, making sure that the oil absorbs into your skin. This also helps remove dirt, makeup, and other impurities.
- Let the oil sit on the skin for up to 10 minutes to deep clean pores.
- Soak a clean washcloth in hot water and wring it out quickly.
- Open it and lay over your face for about a minute, or until it cools. The heat against your skin helps dissolve the clogged oils and other impurities in the skin. Just make sure that the level of heat is tolerable to avoid scalding your skin.
- Use the corners of the cloth to wipe all areas of your face gently.
- Soak the washcloth in hot water again and repeat the process using the other side of the cloth.
- There will be a thin layer of oil left on the skin.
How Often Should I Oil Cleanse?
Of course cleansing your face should be a daily routine. Use castor oil for oil cleansing at least once a day, preferably before bed.
Lasting Results of Oil Cleansing
Oil cleansing is an effective remedy to common skin issues like oiliness, dry skin, and clogged pores resulting to blackheads or whiteheads. It helps manages even mild to moderate acne. It clears the skin while leaving it adequately moisturized and healthy.
It may take some time to see results due to a possible adjustment period. The skin may continue to break out for a week as a temporary detox reaction. After 3 to 4 weeks, you may notice an improvement in your skin complexion.
Move over specially formulated cleansers, toners, and moisturizers. Castor oil for oil cleansing method covers it all. Compared to the traditional method, oil cleansing goes deep down the pores to extract impurities effectively, leaving skin clear and beautiful. Try to use castor oil for face and reap stunning skin benefits.