Benefits of Blending Essential Oils for Skin
The primary advantage of blending essential oils is enhancing the property of your skin care product. Either by reinforcing each other’s similar qualities or by giving added benefits, mixing them together has added value. This is especially true for skin care, where different skin types play an important factor.
Although castor fits all skin types, your specific type of skin may have specific needs, which essential oils could deliver. For example, coconut oil or sesame oil is good for dry skin. Grapeseed oil or olive oil is great for normal skin, while jojoba oil works best for oily skin. This creates a natural skin care that helps address those specific skin type needs. The good news, castor oil blends well with any oil. Being thick in nature, castor oil is easier to use when diluted with lighter oils. The texture becomes more pleasing for skin application.
You can create your own personal blend or try these amazing castor oil recipes for skin care. They are simple and easy to do.
The Power Couple Recipe
- ½ cup castor oil
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Combine the oils in a glass container or jar. Mix it well until even.
- Wash your face with warm water and gentle cleanser to open the pores. You can also try using steam of hot water in a pan. Simply drape a towel over your head and lean your face over the steam for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Apply the solution to the face in a circular motion.
- Let the oil sit overnight.
- Rinse with lukewarm water in the morning and pat dry.
Why it’s good for you: Castor oil and coconut oil are equally effective in their own right. Coconut oil helps relieve dry skin. It is a favorite ingredient in organic soaps or lotions. Given that these two oils provide similar results, why combine them in a castor oil recipe for skin care like this? Mixing them together creates an ideal texture perfect for skin application. It makes a great night face serum that helps prevent acne breakouts. You get to keep a clear complexion that stays smooth and moisturized.
This same formula is perfect for whole body application too. You can use it for:
- Fading stretch marks
- Soothing sunburn
- Body massage (for healing and stress relief)
Castor Oil Face Cleanser
- ¼ cup castor oil
- ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- 6 drops of any of these oils:
- lavender essential oil
- frankincense essential oil
- geranium essential oil
- Pour all the ingredients in a dry glass jar.
- Cover the lid tightly and shake well to mix thoroughly.
- Put an ample amount on your palm, rub them together and apply the oil on your face. Massage in a circular motion.
- Take a cotton cloth and wet in hot water. Wring out excess water and place over your face for about 1 minute.
- Gently wipe all areas of your face to remove dirt, dead skin cells, and makeup.
- Wash the cotton cloth and repeat steps 4 and 5 for 1 to 2 more times.
Why it’s good for you: Apart from the goodness of castor oil itself, this castor oil recipe for skin care has added benefits from the other ingredients.
- Olive oil carries healing and moisturizing property. It balances the thickness of castor oil as well.
- Lavender essential oil has calming and relaxing properties. It helps fight acne and pimples. Its anti-inflammatory quality helps soothe skin puffiness too.
- Frankincense essential oil is a skin-healing and anti-depressive agent in one. It encourages skin repair to keep skin supple and young looking.
- Geranium essential oil helps balance hormones. It fights acne caused by hormonal imbalance.
Creating Your Own Castor Oil Recipe for Skin Care
If you got a castor oil recipe for skin care in mind, let that creative genius out. You already know the benefits of blending essential oils. You have your ingredients and your kitchen is ready. At this point, nothing should stop you to explore and find your rhythm except for these few reminders.
- Always clean containers before use. This is to avoid contamination and damage to the natural properties of the oils.
- Know your ingredients well. Be sure that you are not allergic to it by conducting research and asking for medical advice if necessary.
- Perform a patch test prior to widespread application.
Every featured castor oil recipe for skin care here is great and effective. However, coming up with your own personal blend that fits your skin needs flawlessly is easy. You can definitely find the perfect formula seamlessly when your try to explore. Remember that blending essential oils help maximize and optimize the properties of your castor oil skin care. It’s got to be fun!